Adding fresh fruits to our daily salad, side dishes and party buffets is a great change that most people would love. One of the delicious changes that I’m going to introduce today is the apple bacon coleslaw salad. Besides the health benefits of apples, the bacon pieces with mayonnaise, olive oil and mustard, make this recipe a wonderful summer snack and side dish.
1 package of shredded coleslaw mix.
4 bacon slices.
1 green apple, diced.
1 cup of mayonnaise.
2 tbsp of mustard.
2 tbsp of olive oil.
2 tbsp of lemon juice.
1 tbsp of sugar.
¼ sp of hot sauce “optional”.
Salt and pepper.
– Cook the bacon slice in the common way and crumble them, or if you like a nice, crispy addition, cook them for a few minutes in the microwave then cut them into small pieces.
– While cooking the bacon, dissolve the sugar in lemon juice and add 1 tbsp of white vinegar, if needed.
– Stir in the olive oil, salt, pepper, hot sauce, mustard and finally the mayonnaise.
– In a large bowl, put the shredded coleslaw mix, or chop 1 head of cabbage with 2 medium carrots in the food processor “in case you’re unable to buy a package from the market”.
– Add the creamy dressing, apples and other spices if needed then toss the slaw mix very well. Add the bacon pieces or sprinkle them on top.