Bacon mushroom linguine is another Italian dish that I’m introducing today, for Italian food lovers, to enjoy some light, quick and healthy meals. The dish is very creamy, allowing you to use different ingredients to flavor the pasta, as well as cooking cream, cheese, mushrooms, wine and herbs.
– 250 gm of sliced, fresh mushrooms “use different types”.
– 500 gm of linguine pasta.
– 1 medium shallot, diced.
– 1 garlic clove, minced.
– 4 bacon slices, diced.
– ¼ cup of fresh parsley leaves.
– 1 cup of thick cooking cream.
– ¼ cup of white wine.
– Salt and freshly ground pepper.
– 3 tbsp of sunflower oil.
– 1 tsp of dried thyme.
– ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese.
– ½ cup of sliced olives.
– Boil the pasta in suitable amount of water with some salt and ½ tbsp of sunflower oil.
– While boiling the pasta, fry the onion in 3 tbsp of sunflower oil and at the end of frying add the minced garlic with thyme, bacon and mushrooms. Keep frying for a few minutes until all are tender, without burning the onions or garlic.
– Add the white wine and allow the mixture to cook on medium heat until the wine is dried then add ¼ cup of water with thick cooking cream and more seasoning, if it needs.
– Keep cooking for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are well done then add the grated parmesan and drained pasta. Stir all until parmesan is melted then serve at once.