Bacon potato salad is a cold side dish that is usually served in barbecue parties. It consists of two basic ingredients, cooked potatoes and bacon. The other ingredients are optional, as well as the way of cooking potatoes and bacon. You can add the complimentary ingredients that suit your taste, or those with match with the served dishes.
2 to 3 pounds of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
½ pound of bacon “increase the amount, if desired”.
5 green onions.
2 celery stalks.
2 tbsp of diced pimiento.
1 cup of mayonnaise.
½ cup of sour cream.
Salt and pepper.
Paprika and chopped celery or parsley for garnish.
– Put the potatoes in a suitable pan and cover with water then cook on high heat until the water boils.
– Continue cooking for 18 minutes on medium heat while chopping the bacon slices.
– Season the bacon with salt and pepper and cook in the microwave until it is brown and crispy.
– Chop the green ingredients and place them aside while you prepare the salad.
– Drain the potatoes and let it to cool a bit before mixing with mayonnaise.
– In another dish, mix the mayonnaise with sour cream until they are well blended. You can add the celery stalks “or parsley” with your favorite spices at this stage.
– In the salad bowl, put the warm potato cubes with crispy bacon and chopped green onions then pour the mayonnaise mix on top to cover the potatoes. Toss gently with a spatula, without mashing the potatoes then top with chopped parsley and paprika.
– Chill the salad for 2 hour before serving.