Baked brie in puff pastry is one of the most popular appetizers that represent an easy cheese pie. Although adults adore this appetizer, most kids could be encouraged on eating healthy meals through the plenty of cheese in this pie. The basic baked brie recipe used Alouette® Baby Brie® cheese without any additional ingredients. My suggestions for this lovely pie will really cheer you up and turn this meal from an ordinary appetizer into a festival.
Just frozen puff pastry sheets and 200 gm of brie cheese for each sheet.
– Fresh thyme
– Sliced kalamata olives
– Preserved, sliced mushrooms
– Shredded chicken breast
– Diced cold cuts “preferably turkey”
– Parsley and watercress
– Compote berries or fruits
– As for the dough sheets, just roll out each sheet into 0.3 cm “1/8 inch” thickness, and prepare a cookie sheet greased with butter or soy oil.
– As for the filling, you may dice or cut the brie cheese into thin slices if you are using many ingredients.
– If you use chicken or turkey, prepare a good mix of chicken, mushrooms, olives and herbs. You may use only cheese and thyme, cheese and olives, or cheese and herbs. Make a nice choice according to your taste or what your family loves.
– As for folding the dough, it is quite easy, just put the filling at the middle of the puff pastry sheet and fold the sides then twist the top to seal the dough well. You can follow any other shape of those which I included below, or you can fold the dough and seal the side for an elegant cheese loaf. Pick what suits you most then brush the dough with beaten eggs or butter to give a golden coat.
– Preheat the oven to 400 degree F and bake the pie for around 20 minutes, or until it crusts and takes a dark golden color. Let it to cool for 30 minutes before serving.