Many people love to eat banana bread with milk, juices and fruits every morning. Besides its delicious taste it has great nutrition value, as some recipes use brown and white flour, grains, bran, chopped nuts and dried fruits as well. The bread is surely baked with milk, eggs and butter, so it is very nutritious for kids and adults who seek a light, delicious breakfast/supper with yogurt and fruits.
– 2 eggs.
– ½ cup of milk.
– 4 bananas.
– ½ cup of butter.
– 1 cup of sugar.
– ¼ tsp of salt.
– 1 ½ cups of flour “you may use a mix of white and dark flour”.
– 1 tsp of baking soda.
– ½ tsp of vanilla.
– ¼ cup of raisins or chopped, dried fruits.
– ¼ cup of chopped nuts.
– First of all you should know that I increased the amount of milk in this recipe, because we are using nuts and dried fruits. So, if the amount of flour isn’t sufficient, you may increase ¼ or ½ cup of white flour gradually while baking, until you get a semi-sticky liquid “like a heavy cake mix”.
– Using the food processor, or the baking tool, put the butter, crushed bananas, beaten eggs, sugar, salt and baking powder and mix on low speed then a few seconds on high speed while adding the milk gradually until you get a creamy liquid.
– Add salt, vanilla and gradually sprinkle the flour; processing on medium speed until you finish the flour amount. Add more if it needs.
– In a greased loaf pan, pour quarter the amount, then sprinkle some nuts and dried fruits. Repeat this step 2 more times until the whole amount of nuts and fruits is finished, then cover with the final coat of liquid.
– Bake in preheated oven on 350 F for around 60 minutes or until the bread is well baked. You may reduce the heat a little at the final stage of baking, in order not to burn the bread.
– After baking, let it cool down and preserve in the fridge.