This beet salad recipe was made originally with grated raw beets, but as for me, I prefer to make it with boiled beets for a concentrated, sweet beet taste. The ingredients are the same in both recipes anyway, you can try both.
– “Optional” goat cheese or feta cheese as you desire
– 2 big Italian red onions or shallots
– 500 gm of small raw beets, or preferably cooked
– 2 tbsp of mustard
– 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
– 2 tbsp of olive oil
– ½ cup of freshly chopped parsley
– 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
– 1 spring of fresh tarragon, minced
– 1 tsp of vinegar
– Salt and pepper
– If you are using cooked beets, cut them into small pieces or halved thin slices. In case of raw beets, wash and peel them before you grate the beets, or chop them in the food processor.
– In a glass bowl, mix the dressing ingredients and stir quickly until all are well mixed then put the beets, tomatoes and parsley.
– Cut the onions into thin slices and stir them in the mix.
– Season with salt and pepper and keep in the fridge until the beets absorbs the dressing taste. Make sure to stir the salad every 15 minutes to ensure that all beets are covered with dressing.