The Beet salad recipe has recently become one of my favorite meals. I never liked beets before, and thought of any way to break that intense, sweet flavor of beets. Finally I tried mixing different flavorful ingredients, and it resulted in a great tasting beet salad.
– 100 gm of boiled beets “diced into small pieces”
– 3 tbs of canned sweet corn
– 3 tbs of canned mushroom slices
– 3 tbs of chopped parsley
– 1 medium red onion – thinly sliced
– 2 medium tomatoes – diced
– 1 medium cucumber – diced
– 2 lettuce leaves – thinly chopped
– 3 tbs of chopped watercress or arugula
– 4 tbs of mayonnaise
– 2 tbs of olive oil
– 1 tbs of lemon juice
– 2 tbs of diced black olives
– Pepper and cumin
Let the mayonnaise aside, and mix the other ingredients in a glass bowl then add the pepper and cumin. Add a dash of salt if needed and keep in the fridge for a few hours so that the beets absorb the dressing. Add the mayonnaise and stir well just before serving.