Biscuit cake is a wonderful dessert that most kids love. It is often made from biscuits and heavy chocolate cream, with additions that differ from a recipe to another. A chocolate biscuit cake is a nice dessert, but this is not actually the recipe I’m going to mention below. My recipe depends on heavy milk cream ”skim”, cream caramel powder, and custard. I usually use sliced fruits in syrup for decoration and taste, so you may use any type of fresh of preserved fruits and make a really gorgeous biscuit cake.
1- The amount of biscuits depends basically on the glass bowl or serving pan that you are going to use. I usually use 2 or 3 packets of no-butter tea biscuits.
2- The amount of creamy filling also depends on the amount of biscuits and how creamy you want your cake. I usually mix 250 gm of heavy milk cream with 2 small boxes of cream caramel powder. They both give a wonderful taste, but make sure to use very heavy cream.
3- The amount of custard needed is around 250 to 350 ml. So, it is better to use only one custard box which you make with 350 ml of milk. That way you can get a semi-liquid texture when the custard is in room temperature.
4- You will also need cold milk to dip the biscuits in.
5- Sliced strawberries, halved raspberries and blackberries, blueberries and sliced bananas. All could be used fresh, or preserved in syrup.
– Prepare the cream mix by whisking the milk cream with the cream caramel powder in a bowl until they mix and form a thick cream.
– Prepare the custard by boiling 350 ml of milk then stir in the custard powder on medium heat until it thickens.
– Let the custard cool to room temperature while preparing the fruit mix you’re going to use in the filling and the sliced fruits you want for garnish.
– After the custard is cooled, prepare a cake pan, some milk in a small, deep bowl, the fruit mix bowl, the heavy cream and the custard.
– Dip each biscuit in cold milk and put it at the bottom of the pan. Arrange the others until the bottom is lined with biscuits.
– Cover the biscuits with a layer of the milk cream mix then cover with fruits and cover again with a thin film of custard.
– Repeat the previous steps making biscuit layers covered with cream and fruit. Make sure to leave enough cream and custard for the top.
– Your biscuit cake is supposed to look like a trifle now, so end at the top with a layer or cream mix a rich layer of custard.
– Decorate the top with fresh, sliced fruits, and don’t use any syrup for topping, to avoid spoiling the cake’s appearance.
– Refrigerate the cake for 2 hours or keep in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving.