This is an easy blackberry cobbler recipe; something that you can prepare just before sitting for lunch with family, and enjoy it warm with whipped cream and fresh mint springs.
– 1 cup flour
– 1 egg
– 1 cup of sugar – increase the amount if you like
– 4 cups of blackberries “rinsed and dried from water with paper towel”
– 1 tbs lemon juice for the blackberries
– Whipped cream – or yogurt in case of following a diet
– Crushed nuts and mint springs for garnish.
– In a big bowl, mix the flour, egg and sugar “without butter”
– Stir or mix with your hand until the ingredients form a coarse texture.
– Grease a glass baking dish with butter and spread the blackberries and sprinkle the lemon juice.
– Put the coarse meal on the fruit – do not spread it with a spoon or spatula, keep it in its original shape to form crunchy pieces when cooked.
– Melt 6 tbs of butter and spread on the coarse meal then bake in a preheated oven on 350 degrees.
– After 30 minutes check on it, when it takes brown color let it out of the oven and serve warm in ice cream bowls with whipped cream, nuts and mint.