Making cheesy garlic bread for your family, or to serve on a big buffet as an appetizer, is a great ideas to flavor up the meals. In addition to that, the Italian garlic bread is very delicious such that one can enjoy it as a lovely warm snack while reading a magazine or watching a movie. I don’t usually follow a specific recipe, as I make this bread in different ways depending on the additions I like. Basically, you can follow a simple recipe of minced garlic with olive oil and cheese, or garlic powder and butter instead. The herbs and other vegetables, if needed, are your own choice.
– 1 loaf “French baguette” or 1 toast bag.
– 1 cup of grated cheese.
– 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
– 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
– ¾ cup of melted butter “instead of the olive oil”.
– ½ cup of fresh chopped parsley.
– ½ cup of smoked cream cheese.
– Prepare a bowl in which you mix cream cheese, grated cheese, parsley and spices, if desired.
– In a small bowl, mix the butter with garlic powder and minced garlic, with seasoning or spices. You can add olive oil instead of butter, for a very delicious taste.
– After the oil/butter is mixed with garlic, add half the amount to the cheese bowl and let the small bowl aside.
– Stir in the garlic/oil sauce in the cheese mix and prepare a large baking sheet.
– Brush the sheet with garlic/oil mix then layer half of the bread slices and use a spoon to spread the cheese mix on each slice until the amount is finished.
– Cover the cheese with the rest of bread slices then evenly brush the top with a rich coat of oil/garlic mix until you finish the sauce.
– Bake the bread until the cheese melts and the bread toasts then serve at once.