In my previous topic, I posted an easy chicken salad that you can serve with pasta and toasted bread for a summer meal or as a side dish. It depended on grilled chicken, cheeses and some salad vegetables with a very simple dressing. In this chicken salad recipe, I will not add any vegetables, as I will focus on a significant amount of delicious dressing that brings up the flavor of grilled chicken.
This recipe is suitable as an appetizer or a side dish on buffets.
– 500 gm of grilled chicken breasts
– ½ cup of dried cranberries “use raisins if you don’t have cranberries”
– 2 stalks of celery
– ½ cup of mayonnaise
– 2 tbsp of mustard “you may use ketchup as well”
– 1 tbsp of honey
– ½ tsp of garlic powder
– ½ tsp of paprika
– ½ cup of chopped pecans, candied walnuts or any kind of nuts you like
– Salt and pepper
– Prepare the chicken breasts by slicing them into thin stripes.
– Prepare the dressing, in a glass bowl, by mixing mustard, honey, mayonnaise, garlic powder, paprika, seasoning and chopped celery. Stir all until well mixed.
– Add the chicken, cranberries, and nuts then toss all in the dressing and chill for 2 hours before serving.