Chicken salad is one of the most famous summer dishes that kids and adults love. It is also an easy, healthy and quick meal that you can prepare and eat in no time. You won’t worry again about your weight or eating a healthy diet if you follow this recipe every now and then, to have a complete, nutritious meal.
Chicken salad is best made in two ways, which depend basically on the way the chicken was cooked. You may use simmered or grilled chicken breasts, but I’d recommend the grilled breasts for an intense, delicious taste. The simmered chicken can be added to a very light, low-salt salad as a healthier option, and there is no doubt that a chicken salad recipe may include smoked cold cuts of your choice.
– 300 gm of grilled chicken breasts or smoked turkey
– ½ cup of chopped lettuce
– ½ cut of chopped red onions
– 1 cup of diced tomatoes
– Grated cheddar cheese “as desired”
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– 1 tbsp of lemon juice
– 1 tbsp of dried thyme
– 3 tbsp of sesame
– A dash of salt
– Cut the smoked chicken breasts, or turkey, into thin slices then again into stripes.
– In a glass bowl, put the chicken stripes, add the vegetables and toss all together to mix them.
– Add the lemon juice, olive oil, sesame and salt.
– Toss all again until the ingredients are fully covered with the dressing.
– Finally add the thyme, cheddar cheese and toss well “especially in case of ground thyme”.
– Serve cold as a side dish or with pasta and toasted bread in summer.