Chicken stir fry is an easy and quick meal, like all stir fry dishes, and the ingredients usually differ from a recipe to another depending on the origins and also to give a better, newer taste.
A chicken stir fry meal is very delicious, but we can’t consider it a healthy dish as all fast foods contain high amounts of fats. You may prepare this easy recipe for lunch, after a long day at work, or when you don’t have time to prepare big meals. It is also suitable for parties, sandwiches, picnics and it goes well with hot rice.
My own recipe doesn’t include many ingredients. I use only boneless chicken pieces, chopped onions, spices and raisins. Some people like to marinate the chicken before cooking, and some may like to add vegetables and rice for a more nutritious dish. Whatever you add, it is the correct ingredient so long it gives you the desired taste and result.
– 500 gm of boneless chicken pieces
– 2 tbsp of raisins
– 1 big onion, chopped into thin slices
– 2 tbsp of grated carrot
– 1 cup of peas and carrots or green beanstalk “medium cooked”
– 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
– Soy oil for frying
– Grated cheese for decorating the top
– ½ cup of mixed nuts
Grind these spices together, in equal amounts, and take one tsp of the resulting mix.
Black pepper, juniper berries, cardamom, clove, cinnamon, cumin
– In a skillet, put suitable amount of soy oil and fry the onion chops on high heat while stirring non-stop.
– After 2 minutes, add the chicken and sprinkle ½ tsp of spices then stir all on high heat.
– Keep stirring the chicken and onion chops until all juices are absorbed – make sure to not burn them.
– Toss in the nuts and raisins then stir again until they take a light brown color.
– Toss in the vegetables, season with salt and rest of spices, stir well and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. You can add a few spoons of water if it needs.