– 8 boneless chicken thighs
– 3 tbs of olive oil; increase the amount if needed
– 1 big red onion, thinly sliced.
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– 1 teaspoon of your favorite spices, salt and pepper
– 1 cube of chicken soup or use chicken broth/stock if available.
– 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
– 3 tbs of lemon juice
– 8 artichokes; clean them and cut the flesh into small pieces
– 2 tbs fresh parsley or peppermint leaves
– ½ cup of sliced green olives
– 1 cup of boiled humus
– In a skillet, put 2 tbs of oil and fry the chicken on high heat. Add salt and pepper and fry on both sides until it takes a brown color then put them aside in a plate.
– add the rest of oil, then the onion and fry on medium heat until it takes golden color. Add the minced garlic then the spices, and keep frying for a minute. Add the soup cube with 2 cups of water or broth, also add the grated lemon and lemon juice then cover and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
– add the chicken, artichoke pieces, olives and humus and cook on medium or low heat.
– serve at once with parsley or peppermint leaves on top.