Chocolate coconut balls are kids friendly candy balls that you can actually make in two ways to serve in parties or as Christmas candy. The first ways is to mix grated coconut, butter and liquid chocolate, shape into balls and refrigerate. You may also make lovely biscuit balls, in which you put chocolate, then cover with grate coconut and refrigerate.
The second technique for making chocolate coconut balls is shaping delicious coconut balls with butter and vanilla, dip in chocolate and refrigerate. Follow the steps below for the second technique and enjoy tasty candy balls in no time.
– 400 gm of grated coconut
– 250 gm of sweet chocolate chips
– 1 stick of fine butter “I prefer cow butter for candy”
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract “or a small bag of vanilla”
– 1 block of fine paraffin wax “you may use more butter instead”
– 2 cups of chopped nuts
– 1 can of sweetened, condensed milk “around 300 gm”
– Sugar “as desired”
– Toothpicks and wax paper are needed as well
– Melt the chocolate chips with the paraffin wax in a bowl over boiling water.
– While the chocolate melts, mix grated coconut, sugar, nuts, condensed milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add the butter and mix well with your hands or using a spoon.
– Shape the coconut mixture into small balls, holding each with a toothpick inserted at the middle.
– Put on a glass sheet or wax paper and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
– Allow the chocolate to cool a little before dipping the coconut balls.
– Holding the balls from the toothpicks, dip each one in chocolate and place on wax paper.
– Dip a small spoon into the chocolate and support the candy balls while removing the toothpicks. Dip again in chocolate and smooth over the toothpick holes left in the coconut.
– Refrigerate the candy or put in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving.