Crab Cake Recipe
– 1 pound of crab meat
– Soy oil
– Salt and old bay seasoning
– 1 egg
– ½ cup panko bread crumbs
– 2 tbs fresh minced parsley
– ¼ cup of minced celery
– 2 tbs of mayonnaise
– 2 tbs of Dijon mustard
– 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce
– In a glass bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, celery, old bay seasoning, and egg. Stir with a spoon until all are fully mixed together.
– Before adding the crab, check if there is any hard or sharp pieces; this step is very important.
– Add the crab flesh and panko bread then turn gently until they mix with the egg and sauces. Make sure to not shred the crab lumps.
– Form the mix into small sized balls then push slightly to flatten them so that you can fry the cakes on both sides.
– Cover a baking sheet with a foil layer then put the crab cakes on it for 2 hrs in the fridge. You can leave them for longer if you wish.
– Prepare non-stick skillet, put small amount of oil and heat the skillet. Cook the cakes on both sides until they take golden brown color. Each side should take around 5 minutes; you can test one of them with a fork or eat a piece and see if it needs more cooking.
– Serve at once with tartar sauce, fried potatoes and a squeeze of lemon juice if you like.