This crab pasta salad recipe is a bit different from the one I posted before. It contains all basic ingredients, but I tried to add more vegetables for a new taste. The recipe contains peas, carrots, green beans, and broccoli, so it can be eaten as a main dish or cold summer salad.
– 2 cups spiral pasta or sea shells
– 3 cups of crab meat – or 1 package imitation crab meat
– 1 cup chopped green beans
– 1 cup of peas and carrot
– 1 cup of small broccoli florets
– ½ cup of diced tomatoes
– ½ cup of green onion chops
– ½ cup of chopped black olives
– 1 cup of mayonnaise
– 2 tbs of vinegar
– 2 tbs of olive oil
– 1 tbs of white sugar
– ½ cup of creamy salad dressing
– Optional “grated cheese” – the amount you like with this recipe
– Salt and your favorite spices or use old bay seasoning as it tastes good with crab.
– Cook the pasta in boiled water for 20 minutes and prepare the vegetables by boiling each in a small pan – make them just half-cooked or cook them but don’t make them so tender.
– Drain the pasta and rinse with water.
– In a small bowl put the vinegar, sugar and olive oil and stir until the sugar disappears.
– Add the boiled green beans and stir – let aside to absorb the dressing taste.
– In a big glass bowl, put the crab meat, onion, dash of salt, spices, and a squeeze of lemon juice if you wish. Stir and let for a while then add the green beans with all of its dressing.
– Stir the crab mix and let for a while to absorb the dressing taste.
– Without the grated cheese, add the pasta and rest of ingredients and stir until all are fully mixed. Add more mayonnaise if it needs and let in the fridge for 2 hrs.
– Stir in the grated cheese or spread on top just before serving.