The crab pasta salad is a delicious seafood recipe that you can prepare in a short time for the whole family or introduce for guests in a summer party. Other than that, you can enjoy this lovely meal in picnics or enjoy with grilled shrimp or shrimp salad. The salad is healthy, nutritious, and is perfect for the diets ‘providing you exclude the mayonnaise’.
If you don’t like the sweet taste of crab, you can add different veggies and flavorful herbs to this recipe and they will surely break the taste.
– 2 cups of shell shaped pasta
– 1 ½ cups of crab meat lumps or imitation crab meat – chopped
– 1 cup of boiled broccoli florets – I prefer small sized ones
– ½ cup of diced tomatoes
– ½ cup of diced pepper – you can use 1 ½ cups of diced colored pepper instead
– ½ cup of chopped red onion or green onion
– 2 tbs of olive oil or ¼ cup of diced black olives
– ½ cup of grated cheese – parmesan or cheddar
– ½ cup mayonnaise
– Optional ‘creamy salad dressing’
– ½ teaspoon of old bay seasoning or your favorite seafood spices
– 2 tbs of lemon juice
– Cook the pasta in boiled water on medium heat for 20 minutes or follow the package instructions.
– Check the crab meat for sharp pieces.
– After the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water then put in a glass bowl.
– Add the olive oil to the pasta and stir – increase the amount if you like – and let the pasta until it cools to room temperature.
– In a big bowl, add the crab meat, lemon juice, spices and 2 tbs of olive oil. Stir well without shredding the lumps.
– Add the rest of ingredients, without the cheese, and stir slowly then let them in the fridge to absorb the dressing taste.
– Add the pasta and cheese, stir and chill or serve at once.