Cream of potato soup is a heavy soup made from hot cooked potatoes, milk, cream and sometimes a cheese addition. The varieties include adding vegetables, mushrooms, chicken, fresh herbs, chives or onions. This recipe is one of the simplest forms that you can even make without chives and enjoy with milk, cream and cheese.
– 1 part of cooked potatoes “say 1 cup”.
– 1 ½ part of milk.
– ½ part of heavy cream.
– ½ part of grated parmesan “optional”.
– 1 chicken bouillon cube “powdered”.
– Salt, pepper and a dash of fresh thyme.
– Chopped parsley “as desired”.
– 1 tbsp of minced chives.
– Put the potatoes, milk, minced chives, fresh thyme and seasoning in the blender. Blend the mixture until fully smoothed.
– Pour the soup into a saucepan and stir in the parsley, parmesan cheese and powdered bouillon cube. Cook the soup on medium heat with a tsp of butter until fully heated then continue cooking on low heat, stirring constantly, until the parmesan cheese melts.
– Stir in the heavy cream and cook for 2 more minutes then serve the hot soup at once.