Crunchy fried chicken livers is a delicious dish made from marinated chicken livers covered in egg wash and panko bread crumbs then deep-fried. The crunchy chicken livers are often served with white rice, French fries and salad. They can also make delicious sandwiches with lettuce, sliced tomatoes and pickles or cheese.
– ¾ kg of chicken livers, halved.
– 2 eggs.
– 2 cups of all purpose flour.
– 2 ½ cups of panko bread crumbs.
– 1 big onion, grated or minced to produce juice.
– ¼ tbsp of ground black pepper.
– 1 tbsp of mixed spices “including cardamom and clove as they give a better taste”.
– Vegetable oil for frying.
– ½ tsp of salt.
– Put the minced onion in a bowl with the spices and a dash or lemon juice if you like.
– Before the livers get fully thawed, they should be put in the marinade and kept in the fridge for 1 hour to be flavored.
– In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a dash of salt and ground pepper, and also put the flour and crumbs each in a separate plate.
– I increased the amount of flour and panko crumbs as the livers are all juicy, so they might need more flour to fully cover them. If the livers are not well covered in flour and crumbs, harmful splashes may happen when you toss them in the hot oil.
– Get the livers out of the marinade in a small plate. Dredge each half in flour then a quick egg wash and again in the crumbs. Make sure to cover it well with crumbs, without pressing on it.
– Immediately put the liver in the hot oil then repeat the previous step, doing one liver at a time without letting it in the plate after covering with crumbs.
– Lower the heat to medium while frying, if needed, in order not to burn the oil or the livers coating.
– Transfer the fried liver to a wide platter layered with paper towel to absorb the excessive oil and keep it crunchy.