Cucumber salad is one of the lightest and most famous side dishes that we serve in summer. It is usually served with roast and barbecued meats, like the mayonnaise and other cold salads, but many ladies like to try new versions for slimming diets and delicious snacks.
The classic cucumber salad is made with grated cucumber and yogurt, but there are versions that you can make with cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, onions, yogurt, lemon juice, mayonnaise and mustard. A wide variety of ingredients can be added, such as shallots, scallion, chives, mushrooms, green pepper, parsley, dill, watercress, etc.
The basic recipe consists of grated cucumber, yogurt, minced garlic or sliced shallots, a few parsley springs, lemon juice, and seasoning.
The below recipe and is additional ingredients is mine, and you can add, remove or replace any ingredient.
– 3 medium cucumbers.
– 1 medium green pepper.
– 1 medium shallot “or 4 garlic cloves”.
– 4 parsley stalks.
– 4 watercress leaves.
– 2 tbsp of lemon juice “and white vinegar”.
– 1 small beet, boiled and chopped.
– 2 medium tomatoes, diced.
– 1 cup of mayonnaise.
– ¼ cup of preserved sweet corn.
– ¼ cup of preserved chickpeas.
– ½ cup of chopped, preserved mushrooms.
– Rinse the green ingredients with water before chopping, then combine the chopped herbs, cucumbers, diced pepper, tomatoes and sliced shallot all in a large bowl.
– Add the preserved corn, chickpeas, sliced mushrooms, etc.
– In another bowl, combine the lemon juice with white vinegar and preferably 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add seasoning and toss all together.
– Let the beets bowl aside for an hour or more, preferably in the fridge, to produce its bright, red juices in the dressing.
– When the dressing is sufficient and red colored, add the mayonnaise, which you may replace with low fat yogurt, if you are following a slimming diet.
– Stir the beet mixture then add it to the salad and toss all to cover with delicious beet-mayonnaise dressing.
– Chill for two hours before serving.