For all chicken casserole fans, here is a quick and easy chicken casserole recipe that you can prepare with baby vegetables to give your meal a special style. If you don’t have baby vegetable, yet you still like the idea, then prepare it with common vegetables cut into a little bigger chunks. That way it will give a nice appearance, and also a better taste for the veggies.
– 1 kg of chicken pieces “thighs and drumsticks”
– 150 gm of cherry tomatoes, halved
– 100 gm of peas
– 3 carrots, cut into thirds
– 3 zucchinis cut into thirds
– 6 baby potatoes, halved
– 1 chicken stock pot
– 6 baby onions “the smallest size, and if not available cut 3 onions into chunks”
– Your favorite herbs and seasoning
– Soy oil
– In the cooking pan, put 4 tbsp of soy oil and fry the chicken pieces on both sides until they are browned. You may sprinkle some seasoning and herbs while frying.
– In a separate skillet, fry the baby onions in 2 tbsp of oil until they take a light brown or deep golden color.
– Add the onions and rest of vegetables to the chicken pan, add salt and seasoning with the stock pot cube and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
– Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil then cook on low heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are fully cooked. You may like to stir in 1 or 2 tbsp of flour for a thicker gravy coating.