This egg salad recipe is made in the common way, but with a delicious addition of fried boiled eggs to add taste and give you a wonderful change in your daily salad routine. It is also a nice idea to encourage your kids on eating vegetables and introduce them a new style of delicious fried eggs.
– 4 Hard boiled eggs, fried in your favorite way and chopped.
– 1 sweet green pepper, diced.
– ½ watercress bunch, rinsed and chopped.
– 2 big tomatoes, rinsed and diced.
– 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced.
– ½ lemon.
– 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced.
– 1 small carrot, grated.
– 4 tbsp of ketchup.
– ¼ cup of chopped green olives.
– 1 cup of diced mozzarella “or ½ cup of grated cheese”.
– Salt and pepper.
– In a salad bowl, put the ketchup, eggs, olives and cheese with seasoning and squeeze the lemon then toss well until all are mixed.
– Toss in the other ingredients until the salad is well covered in ketchup then chill for an hour before serving.
The original method didn’t contain ketchup, but I added it with cheese as they both give a great taste with eggs, and truly this salad was a great inspiration for me. I thought of different fried boiled egg recipes, ketchup sauces, and also which vegetables and cheese to mix together for a better taste. I thought of making the eggs in a different way that depends on removing the yolk and fry the white layer only, of course after cutting it into medium pieces. That thought allowed me to make the perfect fried eggs ever, as the edges and surface were golden and crispy, which gave an enchanting taste.