Greek chicken salad with apples and pecans is a delicious dish that you can prepare in summer as a light snack. It is a bit like the green salad with duck legs and candied walnuts, but this one is light and also suitable for slimming diets.
– 1 apple, thinly sliced.
– 4 grilled chicken breasts “if boneless cutlets are not available, use roast turkey or smoked cold cuts”.
– ½ cup of pitted kalamata olives.
– ¼ cup of olive oil.
– 1 cup of candied pecans “or chopped pecans.
– ¾ cup of crumbed feta cheese.
– 2 big tomatoes, diced.
– 1 large cucumber, diced.
– 1 medium, red onion; thinly sliced.
– 4 lettuce leaves, chopped.
– Salt and pepper.
– 1 tbsp of ketchup “optional”.
– a squeeze of lemon “optional”.
– If you are using optional ingredients to make a thick dressing – like using ketchup, cream cheese, etc – it is better to mix the dressing first in the salad bowl.
– If you’re not using a thick dressing, just prepare the salad by mixing the vegetables with salt, pepper and sliced chicken breasts then toss the feta cheese gently.
– Before serving, lightly toss the sliced apple and pecans. It is better not to refrigerate the pecans.