Greek cucumber salad is of the most delicious side dishes, especially for those who adore cheese and cucumbers as a snack. It is healthy, light, and it makes great match with chicken, seafood, meats and vegan meals. The basic ingredients are similar to those we usually use for a Greek salad, but I will list a delicious variety, in case you wanted to try new versions.
– 2 large cucumbers “preferably English cucumbers”.
– ½ cup of pitted calamata olives.
– 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced.
– 1 cup of feta cheese.
– 2 tbsp of olive oil.
– Salt, pepper.
– Cherry tomatoes.
– Sliced mushrooms.
– Dried thyme.
– Grilled chicken slices.
– Chicken popcorn.
– Chopped lettuce.
– Chopped nuts.
– Slice the cucumbers, shallots and any optional ingredients then toss them in a salad bowl with seasoning, olive oil and dressing “if desired”.
– Gently toss the olives and crumbled feta cheese, without mashing it. Add more olive oil, if needed.
– Toss the nuts on top of the bowl and chill for an hour before serving.