Grilled chicken salad with fruits and pecans is an exquisite recipe that you can prepare for parties or as a side dish. Although not many people like the mixed tastes between sweet and salty, you will surely find this salad very delicious.
– 5 grilled chicken breasts, sliced or diced.
– 1 cup of diced hard cheese.
– 4 lettuce leaves.
– ½ cup of blueberries.
– 1 cup of crispy green grapes.
– 1 cup of diced strawberries.
– 4 preserved pineapple slices, chopped.
– ½ orange, diced.
– ½ cup of toasted pecans, preferably halved.
– ¼ cup of orange juice.
– ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon.
– Fresh basil and peppermint leaves.
– In a bowl, mix the orange juice with cinnamon, torn basil and peppermint leaves and sliced chicken. Let it aside for 30 minutes until the chicken absorbs the flavor.
– Meanwhile, layer a salad dish with lettuce leaves and prepare the fruits for mixing with the chicken.
– Toss the fruits in the chicken bowl, add the halved pecans and mix all until the fruits and pecans are covered with dressing.
– Chill the bowl for an hour before transferring the salad over the lettuce leaves. Serve cold.