This grilled pear and cranberry chicken salad is a good way to eat different greens and lean protein for your diet, yet have a delicious side dish with your lunch. The recipe contains a few high calorie ingredients that you can simply replace with your favorite choices, if you’re following a slimming diet.
– 2 cups of mixed salad greens.
– 3 tbsp of sliced olives.
– 300 gm chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
– ½ cup of dried cranberries.
– ¼ cup of crumbled cheese, like feta or goat cheese.
– 2 tbsp of grated hard cheese.
– 2 medium pears.
– 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds “optional”.
– ¼ cup of candied nuts “optional”.
– 2 tbsp of olive oil.
– 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
– Your favorite addition of salad dressing “optional”.
You may exclude the olive oil, cheeses and candied nuts, and add a delicious mix of tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, etc…
– Cut the peas into halves, remove the seeds then slice each half into three or four parts. Coat the slices with cooking spray or butter then grill each side for three minutes until marks start to appear on the slices.
– In a large bowl, mix the dressing with olive oil, lemon juice and sliced olives then add the shredded chicken breast and toss all together.
– Add the mixed salad greens, pumpkin seeds, candied nuts and dried cranberries then toss all together again before adding the grilled pear.
– Chill the salad for 2 hrs then top with feta and grated cheese before serving.