If you like to try tropical salads as side dishes for holidays and family gatherings, this Hawaiian coleslaw recipe will light up your buffets and add a style to your meals.
– 1 bag of coleslaw mix.
– 1 can of preserved pineapple, drained.
– 1 can of preserved mandarin oranges.
– ½ cup of Maraschino cherries, chopped.
– 2 cups of mayonnaise.
– Salt and pepper.
– 1 tbsp of pineapple syrup “from the can”.
– 1 tbsp of orange syrup “from the can”.
Drain the pineapple and oranges then dice them with a sharp knife. Mix the fruits together then toss them on the coleslaw mix in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp of syrup with mayonnaise and seasoning.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss all together until well covered in dressing.
Chill for a few hours before serving.