Hollandaise sauce recipe made with hand whisker over simmering water.
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp of lemon juice
½ cup of unsalted butter
Dash of cayenne
Dash of salt and pepper
– Bring the butter to melt and let it aside.
– Use a stainless steel bowl to whisk the eggs with the lemons until you get a creamy texture and the mix doubles in size.
– When the mix becomes thick, use a holder to hold the stainless steel bowl over a pan of simmer water.
– Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water or the yolks get overheated or they will scramble.
– Continue whisking over the vapor while slowly drizzling the melted butter on the yolk.
– Remove from heat when the volume of sauce is doubled and the sauce is thickened.
– Whisk in the salt and pepper then cover and keep in warm place until serving.