Loaded potato soup is one of my most favorite winter dishes that I often make with chicken or meat stock. The basic recipe is made with orzo pasta, but I found it more enjoyable to increase the amount of potatoes instead.
– Cooked meat or chicken.
– ½ liter of stock “you can use stock pot cubes instead”.
– 2 onions, wedged.
– 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed.
– 1 ½ cup of peas and carrots.
– 1 cup of green beans, chopped.
– ½ cup of chopped parsley.
– Salt, pepper, cardamom and a dash of turmeric.
– Vegetable oil.
– Start by frying the wedged onions with cardamom for 2 minutes before you add the meat/chicken.
– Make sure to cut the cooked meat/chicken into small pieces. You should use meat broth with meat and chicken broth in case you prefer chicken.
– Add the meat pieces with a dash of black pepper and keep frying on high heat for 2 minutes to obtain a nice odor.
– Pour the broth then the rest of ingredients, sprinkling the turmeric, some salt and pepper, and bring the soup to boil on high heat for 5 minutes.
– Keep cooking on medium heat for around 20 minutes or until all vegetables are well cooked. At the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the chopped parsley as it is not good to cook it for long. It will give a better taste when it is half-cooked.