I accidentally found this pan roasted chicken thighs with fruit sauce, and I was amazed by how quick this recipe is. It is a bit different from my baked chicken thighs, but I liked it and I even thought of better ways to flavor the chicken, other than using the common chicken marinade.
– 8 chicken thighs
– 2 tsp of dried tarragon
– 1 tsp of Parisian Bonnes herbs
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– ½ cup of minced onions, scallions or leeks “my own addition”
– ½ cup of blueberries
– 2 medium peaches, pitted, peeled and diced
– 1 tbsp of butter
– A pinch of sugar and salt
– 1 tbsp of fresh tarragon, minced
– Mix the minced onion with herbs, salt and pepper in a wide bowl.
– Put the chicken thighs in the bowl and rub them with the onion mix from all sides and leave a small amount under the skin of each thigh.
– Let the thighs be flavored until you prepare the fruit sauce by melting the butter in a small pan then cooking the fruits for 4 minutes until they are soft.
– Season with salt, sugar and tarragon then turn off the stove.
– Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C
– Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and fry the thighs, skin side down, until they are dark gold then repeat on the other side.
– Put the thighs in an oven pan brushed with olive oil and cook for 20 minutes or more until the chicken is tender and skin is crispy.
– Serve the chicken with fruit sauce, bread and French fries.