This quick baked chicken dish is made from cooked chicken that is covered with a special sauce and baked for a short time in the oven, to take and sauce flavor. Unlike the common methods, this recipe is easy as it doesn’t need long time, and it allows you to make good use of the cooked chicken, in preparing different dishes at once, or just bake the leftover chicken pieces to give them a new taste. All what you need is cooking the chicken while you mix the sauce ingredients.
– 1 cooked chicken, chicken thighs or breasts “use the available options”.
– 1 big onion, chopped.
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled.
– 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
– 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, olive oil or butter.
– 1 tsp of mixed spices “if you don’t prefer specific spices mix black pepper, cumin, cardamom, clove, and a tiny dash of paprika – you can also use fresh thyme, black pepper, fresh basil leaves and juniper berries”.
– 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
– 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
– ½ tsp of honey.
– After you put the chicken in a wide plate, you choose either to cut it into pieces and arrange them in a baking pan, or remove the skin and bones then shred the chicken into small bites to absorb more of the sauce.
– In the food processor, put the chopped onion, garlic, you favorite choice of fresh herbs, tomato paste, vinegar, lemon juice, honey and spices then season with enough amount of salt and process until you get a smooth mix. Add the spices and blend again for 30 seconds. You can taste the sauce to check if it needs more salt. Add 3 tbsp of water if the sauce is too thick.
– Pour the sauce in a bowl and stir in the oil or melted butter then cover the chicken and bake it on the upper rack of your oven until it takes brown color.