Quick garlic bread is an easy method to make oven toasted or skillet fried garlic bread with cheese and herbs. I thought of this way when I was making toasted cheese sandwich with olive oil and fresh thyme. This garlic bread recipe may require using thin, white bread instead of the common toast or French baguette as you may need to fry it in butter first.
– 2 thin, white bread.
– 4 tbsp of butter.
– 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
– ½ cup of chopped parsley.
– 4 tbsp of fresh thyme “not needed if you use parsley”.
– 1 cup of grated cheese. You may mix it with creamy cheese as well.
– Salt and pepper.
– In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp of garlic with grated cheese and parsley or thyme. Season the mix with black pepper and a tiny dash of salt.
– In a non stick skillet, melt 1 tbsp of butter and fry ½ tbsp of garlic on low heat to flavor the butter.
– Once the butter is flavored, put one loaf of bread for frying until it is golden and a bit harder then turn it on the other side. You may increase the amount of butter a little, to fry the other side.
– Repeat the above steps with the other loaf and put the two loafs on a baking sheet.
– In this step you should decide whether you want stuffed garlic bread or just cheese on top, although I recommend that you spread the cheese mix on top of the bread to melt the cheese and prevent burning the bread.
– After spreading the cheese and parsley on top, heat the bread in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
– Serve hot with other dishes or as a snack with boiled eggs and vegetable slices.