I thought of a quick potato soup made from boiled potatoes, milk and fried onion, to be served with winter dishes. This recipe is perfect for the working ladies as they can make it while preparing the foods for serving or while warming pre-made foods.
– 1 cup of boiled potatoes.
– 3 cups of milk.
– 1 tbsp of flour.
– 1 big onion, minced.
– 2 tbsp of butter.
– Salt and pepper.
Of course some people may like to use leftover chicken livers, shredded chicken breast, bacon pieces, fish, shrimp, meat, cheese, vegetables, etc.
Such ideas are very good in taste, and also in their nutrition value, especially for kids.
– Fry the onion in butter, in a medium saucepan, on medium heat.
– While frying the onion, put the potatoes with 2 cups of milk in the blender, with salt and pepper, then blend until fully smoothed.
– When the onion is dark golden, but not burned, add the flour and stir well to fry it then slowly pour the remaining 1 cup of milk while you stir quickly or whisk to prevent clumping.
– Pour the potato smoothie in the saucepan and stir to mix it well with the sauce.
– Cook on medium heat until the mixture starts to boil, stirring frequently, then cook for a few more minutes on low until the soup is thickened.
– Serve at once with parsley or chopped scallion on top.