Seafood rice is a delicious dish that all kids and adults love. Besides the irresistible taste, this dish is very nutritious and easy to prepare in different ways with a large variety of ingredients.
There is another seafood rice recipe that I will post later, for those who like to eat crab and lobster, because such ingredients need to be cooked separately.
– 1 large onion, diced.
– 1 medium carrot, diced.
– 1 medium red pepper, diced.
– 1 medium green pepper diced.
– 2 celery stalks, diced.
– 1 cup of white wine.
– 500 gm of large shrimp.
– 500 gm of sliced calamari.
– ¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley.
– 1 tsp of old bay seasoning.
– ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon.
– ½ tsp of ground cilantro.
– 500 gm of short grain white rice.
– 3 cups of fish or seafood stock.
– Salt, freshly ground pepper.
– Vegetable oil for cooking.
– In a suitable pan, heat the oil and fry the diced onion with pepper, then carrot and celery stalks until softened and fully cooked.
– Add the clean seafood and fry on high heat for a minute or two until no moisture is left then reduce the heat and season with the spices mentioned above.
– Keep frying for a few minutes until the seafood takes white color and becomes harder then add the white wine and ¼ cup of stock.
– Season the seafood with salt and pepper then allow to boil for 2 minutes until the liquid is reduced.
– During that, rinse the rice with water and stir it in the pan, adding the rest of fish/seafood stock and seasoning with more salt if needed.
– When the stock boils, reduce the heat and allow the rice to cook slowly until it absorbs the liquid and becomes brown and tasty.
– Serve at once with tahini or garlic mayonnaise sauce and fresh parsley on top.