Continuing my delicious seafood recipes, I’m posting today a unique recipe that I thought of, to spice up the summer season and add nutrition value to my diet. This seafood salad will surely be your best choice for parties and dinners.
– 1 large shallot.
– 2 large tomatoes.
– 1 small carrot.
– 1 medium green pepper.
– ¼ cup of chopped parsley.
– ¼ cup of green olive slices.
– ¼ cup of black olive slices.
– 3 tbsp of olive oil.
– 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
– 200 gm of hard cheese, cut into small cubes.
– ¼ cup of mayonnaise.
– 3 pickled lemons, cut into tiny pieces.
– A dash of smoked paprika.
– Salt and pepper.
For the seafood mix:
– Lemon juice and fish spices with a few chops of celery.
– 100 gm of imitation crab meat.
– 200 gm of small shrimp.
– 100 gm of cooked lobster meat.
– 100 gm of salmon or fish fillet “cooked or grilled”.
– 2 tbsp of smoked tuna.
– 100 gm of calamari.
– ½ cup of black and red caviar “if possible”.
What you need for cooking:
A large piece of charcoal, large foil sheet, grill or a pan for frying “depending on how you prefer the seafood”.
– Start with the seafood. If you know how to grill the ingredients, then use the grill. If not, it is better to give them a good fry then bake in the over for 10 minutes until fully cooked.
For me it is better to fry the ingredients, for a harder texture that beards tossing with the salad.
– Marinate the seafood with lemon, celery and spices then fry them in tiny amount of vegetable oil until they harden and take white color. If frying is not enough for you, it is better to fold a foil sheet containing the seafood and bake in the over for 15 minutes.
– Once the seafood is baked, remove the foil and broil for a few minutes to dry up the moisture.
– At the side of the pan, put 1 tbsp of oil and heat up a piece of charcoal, put over the oil and immediately cover with foil for 10 minutes.
– During that, bring a large bowl, dice the tomatoes, slice the onions and pepper, and grate the carrot.
– Toss the vegetable with smoked tuna, olive oil, lemon juice, pickled lemons, sliced olives, parsley and mayonnaise.
– Add any remaining ingredients or spices, with the cheese of course, and toss all well to marinate.
– Uncover the smoked seafood to cool and dry before tossing with the salad.
– After all are well coated and mixed, serve the salad in a large platter layered with lettuce leaves.