Those who like to enjoy chicken livers in different ways would want a simple chicken liver recipe that allows them to prepare chicken sandwiches or have a warm lunch/dinner when their time is limited.
This version is considered a stir fry recipe that depends on frying the livers with chopped onions and flavoring spices like pepper, cumin, and cardamom. I sometimes add different ingredients, but the best flavor always comes from simplicity.
– 500 gm of chicken livers, cut into halves or medium pieces.
– 1 medium onion, chopped or thinly sliced.
– Vegetable oil for frying.
– Salt and a dash of mixed spices.
You can use a flavoring mix of buds “7 black pepper, 2 cardamom, 4 Chinese cubeb and ½ tsp of cumin”; crush them together and sprinkle them over the livers while frying.
– In a medium skillet, add 4 tbsp of oil and fry the onion for 4 minutes on high heat, stirring occasionally “don’t burn the onions”.
– Add the chicken livers and keep frying on high heat. Using a wooden spatula, stir the livers to mix them with the onions then let them for a while without stirring to vaporize the liver juices.
– Stir the livers once more then start adding the mixed spices and stirring to flavor the livers.
– Cooking the livers may take around 15 minutes of frying on high heat. You may lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes, if you want them well done.
– After cooking, start making sandwiches with tahini sauce and pickles, or serve them in a platter over white rice. You may make fried potatoes and a salad that consists of tomatoes, onions, lemon juice and watercress or cucumbers.